Tomorrow morning (at the obscene time of 3am) I’ll be getting up and getting ready to fly to Dallas for ALA Midwinter 2012. I’ve packed my shoulder pads, I know who shot JR, and I’ve been humming “da daaa, da daaa, da da da da da da”. (I’m afraid that’s all I know about the Dallas TV show and though it was tempting to purchase a series to watch on the flight, I opted for The Big C instead).
Here’s highlights of what I’ll be up to during the conference (my full conference schedule is available here though it doesn’t include all the social meetups).
- Wednesday 18th – arrive in DFW airport, find way from airport to Dallas (fortunately I should have a kind helper in the form of @daveyp to assist with this!), find hotel, eat, drink, sleep.
- Thursday 19th – sleep, register for conference (hopefully – not sure when registration opens), attend Emerging Leaders pre-social in evening.
- Friday 20th – Emerging Leaders all day session to kick off the program, followed by a leadership talk, LITA happy hour, and Emerging Leaders meetup and social
- Saturday 21st – Library Boing Boing brainstorming, Susan Cain auditorium session (writer on introverts), games and gaming forum, CraftCon. NMRT social and tweet up in evening.
- Sunday 22nd – EBSCO scholarship breakfast, NMRT/LLAMA new leaders discussion, CraftCon. Hacklibschool/Library Boing Boing social or ASCLA reception in evening.
- Monday 23rd – Exhibition browsing, Midwinter Camp.
- Tuesday 24th – collapse with exhaustion and head home.
I’m really looking forward to meeting my fellow Emerging Leaders and getting started on my Emerging Leaders project for NMRT, which I’ll be sure to blog about if I can. Hope to see some of you there! 🙂